Rstudio slow on good pc normal with large dataframes?

I'm doing a project for class that involves 12 csv files which I joined into one mega csv, but the problem is that it's quite a large dataset that has 6million rows.

Everyday I boot up Rstudio to reload the project and repopulate the environment pane data it just takes forever. I was waiting 10 minutes just now for the command "view(df)"

The weird thing is, Once that initial hurdle of long compute times or lag or whatever is going on is completed, I don't really get any more long load times or lag.

Sorry I can't articulate this more clearly being new to R programming for last few months

please let me know if more information is needed

windows 10 , ryzen 5800x3d, 32gb ram, 3070.

It really depends on what specifically you are doing (you are giving almost no details) but since you are working with a relatively large data set most likely your RAM is throttling at some point.

If you need more specific help, please provide a proper REPRoducible EXample (reprex) illustrating your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.