Rstudiocloud "The previous R session was abnormally terminated due to an unexpected crash"

Hi everyone,

I am using rstudiocloud server. While running "hpfilter" code I keep getting "The previous R session was abnormally terminated due to an unexpected crash". At first, the code works once but then they got to crash all the way. Sometimes it also said"no such file or directory". I already tried restarting the R, delete the original files and set up a new project and run the same code.

Many thanks for the help.

Resolved. Created a new account.

The issue comes out again..............after I run the second "hpfilter".

Hello,

There's a 1GB memory limit on cloud projects. If you hit that the rsession ends up being killed in a way that is very similar to what you're experiencing.

If you can send the url to the project I can confirm in our logging that you're running into that limit.

Sean

1 Like

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately that does seem to be hitting the limit. So I think that's the cause of the issue.

Sean Sinnott

Hi Sean,
Thanks for your help!

Hi Sean,
I get the same problem running

df = psmelt(pseq) #Melt phyloseq data object into large data.frame
from "phyloseq" package, I have found that it takes quite long to complete the function.
It runs, the stop sign :stop_sign: appears in the upper left of the console window and no matter how long I wait any action cause the session terminates and reloads. The message "The previous R session was abnormally terminated due to an unexpected crash" appears. Sometimes all previously processed data is lost, sometimes not.
I don't think that it is the memory limit in my case as I do not have as much data in the cloud.

Best regards,
Marcin