Seasonal package problem - no output has been generated

Hello, I have been an issue with the 'seasonal' package. This was previously discussed here:

Since I am fairly new to R, I am not sure how to run the binary file manually, but I would be very grateful for any help on that.

Every time I use the seas() function, I get this error message:

Error in x13_import(iofile, x = list[["x"]], na.action = na.action, out = out) : 
  no output has been generated

I ran this:
#seasonal::checkx13() and recieved this:

seasonal is using the X-13 binaries provided by x13binary
X-13 installation test:
  - X13_PATH correctly specified
  - binary executable file found

Error : X-13 command line test run failed. To debug, try running the binary file directly in the terminal. Try using it with Testairline.spc which is part of the program package by the Census Office.

Error : seasonal test run failed, with the message:
Error in x13_import(iofile, x = list[["x"]], na.action = na.action, out = out) : 
  no output has been generated

Error details:
  - X13_PATH:         C:/Users/anj/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/x13binary/bin
  - Full binary path: "C:/Users/anj/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/x13binary/bin/x13ashtml.exe"
  - Platform:         x86_64-w64-mingw32
  - R-Version:        R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
  - seasonal-Version: 1.9.0

Try running this from the Windows command line and see what you get:
"C:/Users/anj/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/x13binary/bin/x13ashtml.exe"

FWIW, that is "running the binary file manually".

Thank you for this suggestion.

I tried running it from cmd start "C:/Users/anj/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/x13binary/bin/x13ashtml.exe" and opened the file using Rstudio, but I got this message:

21:51:33.53 Update failed: Update has been alredy executed  Anj\AppData\Roaming\ViberPC\17.5.1.11\error.log

It's odd because that folder has nothing to do with the R package. Would you have any ideas on how to handle this?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.