Statistical analyse of diseases

Good morning everyone,

I am currently working on a project to evaluate the efficacy of one chemical product to reduce the development of a fungal pathogen on a field.
To evaluate this I have 12 plots of 1m² each, 6 are treated every month and 6 not. Randomly disposed.

After several months of trial, I now have results every month of the fungal contamination on each plot.

The results are for example :

Plot A treated, end of july --> 5 fungal infections, that covers an area of 20 cm² and with a perimeter of 47 cm.

Plot A' non treated, enf of july --> 8 fungal infections, that covers an area of 39 cm² and with a perimeter of 68 cm.

And this for every plot, during several months.

How can I use this to prove (or not) the efficacy of the tested product ?

I was wishing to use R Studio to analyse my project.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi there,

I am sure you will be able to do the analysis with R but it doesn't sound as if you have your analysis plan in place? So I would suggest maybe posting here (https://discourse.datamethods.org/ ) so you can get clarity on how you should analyse the data you have and what you will have to check for and then come back here for help on the R side.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.