Summarizing output options from R Markdown

I'm trying to write up a beginner summary of code chunk output options for R Markdown. I'm thinking about summarizing the most common options as something like the following:

Does this seem helpful? Am I missing some common output options? I've chosen to cover warnings and error in a separate section.

I like this a lot! I'm always looking these options up, so it's a great summary for me. Would be very nice to have in the knitr documentation :slight_smile:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... I'm writing the things I wish I had had :wink:

Where in the knitr docs would you slam that, if you had a magic wand?

I like this a lot @jdlong - I use knitr just enough to know that I need one or more of these but not remember exactly what each does...

I'd put it on the Chunk Options page—I'd combine the Code Evaluation and Text Results subsections, putting it either toward the start of the combined section (after a preamble paragraph but before the option descriptions) or toward the end (after both the option descriptions and a summary paragraph) :slightly_smiling_face:

I'll see if Yihui takes pull requests on his blog :wink: