tabulizer and tabulizerjar packages

Could someone help with loading the tabulizer and tabulizerjar packages into RStudio.
I am using the code below, but am getting this error:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tabulizer’: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'tabulizerjars', details: call: NULL error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details: call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so': dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-11.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so Reason: image not found

code:

install.packages("devtools")
library(devtools)

devtools::install_github(c("leeper/tabulizerjars", "leeper/tabulizer"), INSTALL_opts = "--no-multiarch", dependencies = c("Depends", "Imports"))
devtools::install_github(c("ropensci/tabulizer"),args= "--no-multiarch")
library(tabulizer)
library(tabulizerjars)

R is not being able to find Java in your system, make sure you have installed a version of Java with matching architecture (i.e. 32 or 64 bit depending on your R version ), then run this command in your system terminal

sudo R CMD javareconf

And restart Rstudio.

Thank you!
I have already tried installing rJava, but can't get that to load either. Seems to be a macOS issue.

I'm not talking about rJava which is an R package, I'm talking about Java, which is a separate piece of software that you have to install in your system, not in R.

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml

Yes, I already installed the latest version of Java on my system.

Have you followed these additional steps afterwards? If you want to be sure try restarting your computer (this is necessary on Linux server versions maybe it could help in this case too).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.