tidyverse not loading but installed succesfully. Need help.

I was able to succesfully install the tidyverse package, but when I go to import it using
library(tidyverse)
it gives this error message:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘cli’ 3.2.0 is already loaded, but >= 3.3.0 is required

This is asking you to update the cli package, give it a try

install.packages("cli")

Okay, I tried doing so with the statement you gave as well as doing it another way in r using the checkbox for cli in the bottom right corner and trying to update it but it kept trying to install it and then would ask to restart r prior to install or not restart it. I would then restart it and it would just repeat over and over. Also, if I did not restart it would update cli but it would then show my cli is not updated still and I would get the same error as before.

Okay I fixed it now. I just had R uninstall the cli package I had, and then I used the statement you gave to install it and it gave me the right version this time. Thank you so much for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.