tidyverse package download and install

I am trying to install tidyverse package and am getting the following errors. Do we have a location from where the package can be downloaded. Mine is from CRAN website.

install.packages("C:/Rajesh/EDX/DataScience/tidyverse_1.2.1.zip", repos = NULL, type = "win.binary")
Installing package into ‘C:/Rajesh/EDX/DataScience/R/package’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
package ‘tidyverse’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘broom’

install.packages("C:/Rajesh/EDX/DataScience/R/broom_0.5.2.zip", repos = NULL, type = "win.binary")
Installing package into ‘C:/Rajesh/EDX/DataScience/R/package’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
package ‘broom’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
library(broom)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘broom’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘generics’

Hi,

Often, R packages have some dependencies and all the dependency package must be installed for it to load.

tidyverse is a special package that help installed and load in a single line a lot of packages of the tidyverse.

You can't just install tidyverse :package: and not all the others. The error you see is because you are missing some dependencies

The easiest way is to be connected to CRAN mirror and run install.packages("tidyverse"). This will download and install all the required packages.
Manually, this would mean identify the whole dependency tree and downloading all the required packaged and installing them.

Why are you installing :package: from a zip file ? Can you connect to CRAN ?

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Should we assume it works now ?

Yes... It is working now.

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.