Hi Rstudio community,
I am still fairly new to R and would love some advice on developing a line of code to help calculate the diffusion coefficient given that I have x, y, and t coordinates. This is more of a conceptual question rather than a full on coding question. I appreciate any help, thank you!
This is my currently work flow
- Calculate displacement and append to data frame
- Aggregating / grouping displacement based on an identifier and averaging the values
- Calculate the mean squared displacement by squaring the mean displacement
- Repeat mean squared displacement calculation for steps in t (t = 2, t = 3 ... corresponding to skipping over every other or every third row)
- Average all MSD in each group of T (Average MSD1 in T1, ... MSD# in T#)
- Plotting the averaged MSD against T
- Performing a linear least squared regression to get the coefficients
I am unsure if I am working in the right direction or is completely off track.