This file has been truncated. show original
# CHANGES IN bookdown VERSION 0.21
## NEW FEATURES
- Add the `number_sections` argument to `markdown_document2()` and its family. This allows to have now figure references numbered by chapters in these formats, like `word_document2()` or `odt_document2()` for example. This argument default to `TRUE` like `html_document2()` and `pdf_document2()`. Set it to `number_sections = FALSE` to get the same output as previous version without numbered chapters (thanks, @atusy, #756).
## BUG FIXES
- Correctly encode the document title when creating the twitter sharing link from a bookdown chapter (thanks, @maelle, #934).
- Make sure `search_index.json` contains valid characters for the JSON format (thanks, @wlandau, #913).
## MAJOR CHANGES
- The `--file-scope` behavior introduced in bookdown v0.20 is now disabled by default. This is due to broken TOC links for duplicate section names (e.g., "Exercises"; see #909) that have automatically generated identifiers.
- The `clean_envir` argument of `bookdown::render_book()` has been deprecated and will be removed in the future (thanks, @jenslaufer, #932).
# CHANGES IN bookdown VERSION 0.20