Unable to "install.packages("car")

Hey,

I tried many,many times to install my package "car" that is needed for my thesis in psychology.
I installes R and R Studio 3 times and also detached the package Car and all the dependencies.

This ist what I tried:

install.packages("car",dependencies = TRUE)

THIS CAME colored in red:

versuche URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/4.0/car_3.0-10.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1561683 bytes (1.5 MB)
==================================================
downloaded 1.5 MB

and this:

The downloaded binary packages are in
	/var/folders/7c/8h78klv10xggv1d2mx804mtw0000gn/T//Rtmpgwp6bE/downloaded_packages
> 

When I want to load the package with "library(car)" it shows me this:

Fehler: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 kann shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/stringi/libs/stringi.so' nicht laden:
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/stringi/libs/stringi.so, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/stringi/libs/stringi.so: unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
	/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/stringi/libs/stringi.so: unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

I really tried many things and I dont know what to do anymore :frowning:

Really hope, that someone could help.

Merry christmas

Try installing the ystringi package

install.packages("stringi") 

Hello and thank you. I tried to install "sringi", but this happened:

install.packages("stringi")
versuche URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/4.0/stringi_1.5.3.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 13641892 bytes (13.0 MB)
==================================================
downloaded 13.0 MB

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/7c/8h78klv10xggv1d2mx804mtw0000gn/T//Rtmpgwp6bE/downloaded_packages

Sorry :))) I tried to install "car" after that and also to load it and it worked :))) Thank you very much !!!!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.