Unable to load SDSFoundations package in R latest version

Hi Every One

I am trying to install SDSFoundation package in R latest version but unable to install it. I can install it on later versions. According to some experts on internet it require binary. Can I get help in installing the package on latest version.

Regard
Usman

Can you post the complete error message you get? We need more specific information to help you.

1 Like

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘SDSFoundations’:
package ‘SDSFoundations’ was installed before R 4.0.0: please re-install it

That message is from loading the packages, we need to see the message you get when you try to install it.

Install.packages("SDSFoundations")

WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/toshiba/Documents/R/win-library/4.1’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
package ‘SDSFoundations’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

Bundle of thanks for such quick reply

If there is no precompiled binary available yet, then you need to have RTools installed in your system to be able to compile packages from source. Follow the link from the error message, download RTools and follow installation instructions.

I can load the package with older version of R but not latest. The page is too long to spot relevant solution. Can you please help me in this specific case. There are other people asking for solution regarding this particular SDS foundation Package.

Yes, because it is compiled for that version, packages need to be compiled for an specific major version of R.
The only solution is to reinstall it for the latest R version.

I don't know what you mean with this, you just have to install the needed tools (i.e. Rtools) in your system.

Alternatively, you could wait a few days for the binary to become available and install from it to avoid compilation.

I just sat in front of my computer, it turns out SDSFoundations is not a CRAN package and they only provide it as a zip file containing precompiled binaries for an older R version so I think your best hope is try to contact the author and ask for the source code

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.