Unable to start RStudio Server Pro preview (1.4.869) after migrating from 1.3

I've just tried to install the new preview release (1.4.869) on an Ubuntu machine, when I attempt to start the server I get the following error:

$ sudo rstudio-server verify-installation
30 Sep 2020 15:49:34 [rserver] ERROR database error 7 (sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: table licensed_users has 4 columns but 3 values were supplied); OCCURRED AT virtual rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::database::Connection::execute(rstudio::core::database::Query&, bool*) src/cpp/core/Database.cpp:449; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/server/ServerMain.cpp:715

given the error mentions table licensed_users, the license status is as follows:

$ sudo rstudio-server license-manager status
RStudio License Manager 1.4.869-4

-- Local license status --

Product-Key: *****
Has-Key: Yes
Has-Trial: Yes
Enable-Launcher: 1
Users: 200
Sessions: 0
Expiration: 2021-07-07 00:00:00
Days-Left: 280
License-Engine: 4.3.1.0
License-Scope: System

-- Floating license status --

License server not in use.

I did not see anything in the admin guide for a migration process from 1.3 to 1.4.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Our engineering team told me that they have a local fix in place, and will now start working on making this fix available in the daily builds and the next preview release.

I can confirm that everything is working as expected with 1.4.904, thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.