Updating reactlog to reactlog 2.0

Hi all,

I just saw Barret Schloerke's presentation about reactlog 2.0, which looks awesome. I tried installing via github as recommended:

library(shiny)
library(reactlog)

# tell shiny to log reactivity
options("shiny.reactlog" = TRUE)
shiny::runApp()

but when I run show_reactlog(), I am still getting the old version of reactlog. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to use reactlog 2.0?

Thanks,

-Garren

Maybe you are installing the new reactlog version just for your user, make sure to install it system wide.

Just want to make sure I'm going about this correctly. I tried: devtools::install_github('rstudio/reactlog', lib = "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library")
but this doesn't seem to fix it.

Hi,

I have the same problem here. :frowning:
I notice I have similar issue when i try to run the exemple from the documentation ("Usage Section" : Reactivity Visualizer for shiny • reactlog) : the old reactlog appears.

To use the new reactlog, I'm fairly certain you need to have reactlog installed and shiny v1.3 or higher (i.e., install the latest versions of reactlog/shiny with):

install.packages("reactlog")
install.packages("shiny")
1 Like

Perhaps I'm missing something, but from DESCRIPTION:

Package: reactlog
Title: Reactivity Visualizer for 'shiny'
Version: 1.0.0

and R/version.R suggests only "1" is available and known by the package:

reactlog_upgrade <- function(log) {
  version <- attr(log, "version")
  if (is.null(version)) {
    stop("'log' is missing a 'version' attribute.  This is required.")
  }
  version <- as.character(version)
  if (identical(version, "1")) {
    return(log)
  }

stop(
    "Versions available: 1\n",
    "Latest reactlog version: 1\n",
    "Version provided: ", version
  )
}

None of the branches overtly suggest version 2. (I'd like to see the presentation on upcoming version 2, can you add a link for what you saw?)

Here's the talk

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.