Using iconv code map in shinyapps.io

Hello

I am trying to deploy a shiny app to shinyapps.io where I am facing challenge. Inn the app I am using mainframe data in EBCDIC format - which I have converted using iconv as
xyz <- iconv(mydata,from="IBM037")

This is working fine on my local windows 10 machine but is unable to convert the EBCDIC coded data in shinyapps.io

Is this because code IBM037 is not installed on shinyapps.io - is there a solution / workaround ?

Thanks
Shami

I was trying to convert EBCDIC to ASCII using iconv with base code as IBM037. This worked fine in my local windows10 machine with R 3.5.2. But its not working on shinyapps.io
Is it that code file not in shinyapps.io ? Is there any way to solve this ?
This is the code snippet
xyz <- iconv(mydata,from="IBM037")

Hi Shami Gupta, it looks like IBM037 originated from a file file?

From

• The simplest way to get data into an application is by uploading a CSV, RData or other data file directly with the application source code. In this model, the application author includes the data files as part of the application. This is usually best for data files that do not change very often as updating or adding data requires redeploying the application. Uploads of this type are done via secure HTTPS by default. Currently there is a limit of 100MB for application uploads.

Also often useful is the storage section of the shinyapps.io docs

The application need to analyze live data pulled from mainframe systems directly as a data stream and cant store the same in local or application storage. So loading from csv or Rdata is not possible here. I had to google awhile to find IBM037 is the correct code for EBCDIC. I did not do any additional download for IBM037 code in my local machine.

This is the specific line of code pulling the data from the mainframe and converting
xyz <- iconv(getURL(paste(mainframeurl,"/",input$selected_basepds,"/",input$selected_basemember,sep=""), ftp.use.epsv = FALSE,dirlistonly = FALSE),from="IBM037")
The getURL is working fine in shinyapps.io
But iconv is not able to convert

Here is a sample Shiny application that shows the available encodings:

#
# This is a Shiny web application. You can run the application by clicking
# the 'Run App' button above.
#
# Find out more about building applications with Shiny here:
#
#    http://shiny.rstudio.com/
#

library(shiny)

ui <- fluidPage(

# Application title
    titlePanel("iconvlist"),

mainPanel(tableOutput("list"))
)

server <- function(input, output) {

output$list <- renderTable(iconvlist())
}

# Run the application
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

It doesn't appear that IBM037 is available.