Using reactiveFileReader in Shiny works locally but not on shinyapps.io

I use reactiveFileReader to display a csv file that is updated every 1000-5000 ms. The csv file is located on my computer. The shiny app works well locally but when I deploy it on shinyapps.io the dataset is not updated.

Here is the code below:

library(shiny)

ui <- fluidPage(

fluidRow(
    column(12,
           tableOutput("dataTable")
    )
  ),
)

server <- function(input, output, session) {

data <- reactiveFileReader(1000, session, "name.csv", read.csv2)

output$dataTable <- renderTable({
      data()
    })

}

shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Why would the csv you uploaded be changing? The expected behaviour is that it will be as it was when you loaded the file onto the server.

The csv is changing because new data are added every 5000 ms. If the file cannot be changed once it is uploaded onto the server, I don't see how one can use reactiveFileReader.

Your local file system is yours and perhaps you have some process running that is amending your local file, so your local app can see that, and that may be useful for you when you use your app locally.

When you host your data on another organisations server, im doubtful you have taken any steps that would cause the csv to be frequently amended, nit least because i dont know by what mechanism you feasibly would. Can you explain by what mechanism it might possibly be changing ?

There are many ways to skin cats, you still retain ability to poll reactively data sources, perhaps file polling is going to be less useful in a shinyapps.io hosted context but you could reactively poll some online service,.like a database or other form of permanent storage that you set up shinyapps.io doesnt yet offer a permanent storage solution, so it would likely be via another platform.