Using Svelte in R/Shiny

Hello!

I am in the very early phases of learning JavaScript, and I settled on learning React. The "reactR" package seems excellent, and the tutorials on making htmlwidgets seem great and that is what I will be using. As I was doing more general research around JavaScript, I was wondering about a framework I came across that was created in late 2016 called "Svelte", which is described on their website this way:

It is similar to JavaScript frameworks such as React and Vue, which share a goal of making it easy to build slick interactive user interfaces. But there's a crucial difference: Svelte converts your app into ideal JavaScript at build time , rather than interpreting your application code at run time . This means you don't pay the performance cost of the framework's abstractions, and you don't incur a penalty when your app first loads

Has anyone played around with porting this to the R ecosystem? I am not an expert in any way shape or form (as I said, I just started learning JavaScript) and I am wondering if this difference in how the code is interacted with could have any benefits when it comes to working with Shiny. I could not find anything relating the Svelte language/framework to R and/or Shiny, this is obviously a pretty new framework, but is there a reason for why nobody would have tried this? How have other frameworks like React and vuejs become usable from R/RStudio? Is it impossible in this context or just not worth it?

I would be curious to hear anyone's thoughts!
Ricky

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.