What does tidy summary() method output look like?

I'm thinking of providing a summary() method for my new package. The package currently provides map() variants that automatically wrap safely() and quietly(), giving you nice formatting for the output when you look at it in a tibble. The idea for a summary function is to have something that, given a safely or quietly mapped column, tells you how many elements of the column had results, warnings, etc. Something like:

summary.mapped_quietly(x) {

# 1. work out how many of x contain results, warnings, etc.

# 2. print out a report of this:
  # "4 elements contain results, 3 elements contain warnings..."

# 3. return a tidy version of this invisibly
}

But that output could look like:

# a)  a named vector
result = c(result = 5, warning = 3, message = 1, output = 0)
#  result warning message  output 
#       5       3       1       0 

# b) a wide data frame with 1 row
result = data_frame(result = 5, warning = 3, message = 1, output = 0)
# # A tibble: 1 x 4
#   result warning message output
#    <dbl>   <dbl>   <dbl>  <dbl>
# 1      5       3       1      0

# c) a long data frame with two columns
result = data_frame(
  component = c("result", "warning", "message", "output"),
  count = c(5, 3, 1, 0))
# # A tibble: 4 x 2
#   component count
#   <chr>     <dbl>
# 1 result        5
# 2 warning       3
# 3 message       1
# 4 output        0

I'm not sure what is most likely to be fit in with the likely use cases of this package. I imagine you would want to use this in a tidy workflow with summarise(), but I'm not sure if there's a one-step way to produce several summary columns with one function.

The closest analogue I can think of is broom::glance(), which produces a one-row summary—but of a single object, not an entire column. So usually you'd map glance() over a list-column and (I imagine) bolt it on to the side of a data frame using bind_cols().

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the best approach here is?

EDIT: another approach here is to not sweat the details much here, concentrate on summary()'s utility as an interactive function, and separately implement each component like count_errors(), count_results(), etc. that could each be used separately in a summarise() call.