What is @preempt and how to use it?

I'm confused about the @preempt annotation in plumber is doing. I don't understand what preemption is. The documentation is scarce on this topic.

For context, I'm looking for a way to apply a filter to only specific endpoints. Even if this is not the correct way to do that, I'm still interested in understanding what @preempt does :smiley:

We don't really have enough info to help you out. Could you ask this with a minimal REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

Well I don't have a reprex, because I have no code yet :confused: . I'm just reading about how plumber works. I don't understand an undocumented concept of plumber, and would like to get more information.

This post is the closest I got to understanding Slack and Plumber, Part Two ยท R Views seems like @preempt means "don't apply this filter to this endpoint"?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.