windRose font customization

So, I am trying to make the font size larger for all text (but I need the title to be larger), switch the directional axis titles to numeric (0,90,180,270), and get the font style to be in Times.

Below is what I have so far, until I try to change these things. Dick Savage 2

Any suggestions, I've been doing this for hours and could really use some help.

Hers the reprex for when I try to add these elements

That is not a reprex, it's a screenshot, post the output of the reprex function here directly. BTW the function for loading libraries is library() not Library(), R is case sensitive.

Working on it now, sorry about that, I am brand new to R.

library (openair)
library (tidyverse)

wind_rose <- data.frame("wind_speed(m/s)" = c(4.3, 6.7, 8.9, 6.6, 6.9, 7.1), 
                         "wind_direction(°)" = c(180, 277, 300, 266, 176, 45 ))

windRose(LGRF1.Wind.Data.Since.March.2006, ws="wind_speed(m/s)", wd="wind_direction(°)",
         breaks=c(0,2,5,8,11,17), 
         auto.text = FALSE, 
         paddle = FALSE, 
         annotate = FALSE, 
         grid.line = 2,
         key = list(labels = c( "> 0 - 2 ",
                                " > 2 - 5 ")),
         theme(text = element_text(family = "Times")),
         key.footer = "Avg. Wind Speed Lake George Station (Ocala, Fl) 2006-2019 WSP (m/s)", 
         key.position = "bottom",
         par.settings = list(axis.line = list(col = "lightgray")),
         par.settings = list(fontsize=list(text=20)),
         col = c("#A9A9A9","#696969")) 
#> Error in checkNum(mydata, vars = c(ws, wd)): object 'LGRF1.Wind.Data.Since.March.2006' not found

You made a dataframe wind_rose that you then never use for any purpose in the following code

You pass an unknown object , the one whose name appears in the error message, into the function that you try to use. Did you mean to use your own wind_rose object and not that ?

Hey,

Yes, I did mean to substitute, "wind_rose" instead just for this example. Simply forgot.

Thanks.

As a result of changing that, your program now works?

Of course, but I am struggling with changing the font style and size in the windRose function.

Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.