Wireframes for shiny apps?

Wondering if anyone has experience with wireframes/prototypes for shiny apps and if there's any tools you would recommend?

I'm asking because we're working on a client-facing product for a non technical audience. Our goal is it should be simple but have more capabilities than a previous one we tested out. We went back and forth on a lot of interface changes building the previous one, which was kindof a mess and made the project take way longer than it should have. So, I'd like to test out some ui/infomation/navigation structures without committing to them.

Ideally, I'd like to set up a prototype and get the project director (who has limited programming ability but a deep understanding of the client and models) to play around with it and change things.
So something that is simple (point and click) and works well with standard shiny layouts would be optimal.

2 Likes

While not specific to Shiny, you might check out Balsamiq Mockups. There's a 3-minute demo video on the site that should give you an idea what the product can do.

1 Like

If you've got access to a Mac I'll throw in my recommendation for Sketch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lucidchart is very easy to use, and is extremely well-developed (also free to start): https://www.lucidchart.com/

3 Likes

Visio has also been a decent tool at doing both low and med/high fidelity mockups.

1 Like