Xgboost model error after packages update: Unknown `composition` type.

After some packages update, I'm no longer able to start my shiny application. The error I'm receiving it's not very clear:

Warning: Error in : Internal error: Unknown composition type.
69:
Error : Internal error: Unknown composition type.

I'm quite sure that this error is related to some update as, the same application works fine within another machine with the same R version (4.0) and the same Shiny version (booth are MACos).
Do some of you know how to trouble-shooting this?

After some additional troubleshooting seems that the problem is related to predict() function with an xgboost model trained with tidymodels. I don't know if it's an error of tidymodels,xgboost or predict but now it's more clear where to investigate.

The lates version of hardhat did contain a change around this composition argument, controlling the datatype that gets passed around internally.
This seems to brake the backward compatibility with the models trained with older hardhat version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.